Technology is a part of everyone’s life, especially for evolving businesses. Most technology helps us in life and in business and business apps are no exception. The following are my top business app picks.
Create, Edit, and Share Docs
Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (Free with In App Purchases)
These apps are nothing like the old Office Mobile apps that only allowed users to make basic edits to documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. These new apps are full-access mobile versions of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Every one of these apps includes advanced formatting and editing features with big, easy-to-tap buttons. An Office 365 subscription is needed to use them to their full potential.
Quip is the tool for creating living documents while combing chats, docs, tasks, lists, and spreadsheets. This app makes collaboration fast and easy.
On Quip you can:
- Take notes, share lists, edit documents, and more with your entire office or a particular group.
- Chat and message quickly and easily without having to create a group email.
- Embed full spreadsheets with customized mobile keyboards that make editing very easy.
- Import and export documents from multiple platforms with ease.
Outlook was voted the best email app for the iPhone by Lifewire. With a focused inbox that keeps important messages on top, Outlook wants you to see what matters first. You can switch between emails and your calendar to set up a meeting or share your availability within a few taps. You can even get a document from your files list and easily attach it to an email. Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud. The Outlook app is also available for the Apple Watch.
Accounting and Invoicing
Freshbooks Classic (Free with In App Purchases)
The Freshbooks Classic App allows you to manage your business on the go in the palm of your hand. You are able to create professional-looking invoices, receive online payments, capture your expenses, and track your billable hours. All information is backed-up and synced onto your device.
Within this app you can:
- Have clients pay you securely using online credit cards and additional payment options.
- Create and send estimates to clients.
- Use the time tracking feature to track time for on-the-job hours.
- Capture expenses on the go by taking a picture of the receipt so you can invoice your clients.
Connect with Your Team
Slack: Business Communication for Teams (Free)
Bring every part of your business team together with Slack. It is available on any device giving you the ability to access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Features of Slack include:
- Communication with your team by organizing your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else pertaining to your work.
- Share and edit documents and collaborate ideas with whoever you wish to.
Scan, Sign, and Send
DocuSign: Upload & Sign Docs (Free with In App Purchases)
The easiest and most secure way to send and sign documents is with DocuSign. Over 50 million people use DocuSign for signature and Digital Transaction Management.
- Fill out and sign documents for free with no monthly limit.
- Send documents for others to sign.
- Securely store, manage, and access your documents from anywhere.
Common documents used through DocuSign include:
- Sales contracts
- Health care documents
- Financial agreements
- Permission slips
- Lease agreements
Key features include: signing documents, sending documents, and legality and security. DocuSign has a plan for everyone. These plans include: Standard, Real Estate, and Personal. Subscription information can be viewed in the App Store.
Keep an eye on all of your projects in the office and at home. From managing your team to updating to-do lists, Trello helps your business stay organized.
Trello allows you to:
- Create boards to organize all projects.
- Connect with your entire team through this app.
- Add checklists
- Assign tasks not only for yourself but also for your coworkers.
Trello is free to use but offers options to upgrade to its Gold Plan for extra fun and functionality. This app is also available for the Apple Watch for on-the-go needs.
This app will be your go to for any and all meetings. Schedule, host, or join a meeting right on your device.
- Video conferencing with up to 6 webcams
- Ability to view the presenter’s screen
- Present documents from iCloud.
- See your meeting schedule and join other meetings with just a single tap.
You can even start a meeting with one tap and transfer the session to your Mac.
Connect to business people all over the world and reach your full professional potential with LinkedIn. With this app, you are able to connect with people in your network. Stay up to date with the latest business and industry news, follow companies, influencers, or professionals, and find your next dream job by meeting current employers. Using the LinkedIn app is easy and fun.
The app allows you to:
- Express your professional self and build your brand with your resume and profile.
- Connect with people you know and find new people in your industry.
- Keep in touch with previous and future employers.
The LinkedIn app is free to use and download. Premium subscriptions are available which offer exclusive tools to find a job, grow a business, find sales lead, and much more.
Connect all of your social media accounts in one place; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Anything you want to share, just add it to your Buffer. Updates will automatically be scheduled and spaced out throughout the day to post to your favorite social network site.
Things to love about Buffer:
- Share to multiple social media accounts.
- Receive analytics for each update you share including: clicks, retweets, repins, likes, shares, etc.
- Schedule your posts automatically.
Buffer is available for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and other phones and tablets. Buffer’s main version is free, but can easily be upgraded within the app.
There are thousands of apps available! Testing out different apps is the only way to find the right ones for you. Above are just a few apps with rave reviews, especially in the business world. Leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know what your favorite business apps are.